It’s no secret that the YouTube algorithm affects the majority of video performance such as the number of views, subscribers to increased business. But for most people, how YouTube works is still a very difficult puzzle to solve. As a content creator, you must learn YouTube marketing and the YouTube algorithm.
According to research, 70% of consumers say they believe they want to buy a product after seeing it on YouTube. What are the YouTube algorithms? What is it and how does it affect the business? Here is the explanation.
- 1 What is the YouTube Algorithm?
- 2 How to Add Views According to the YouTube Algorithm
- 3 Benefits of YouTube in Product Promotion
What is the YouTube Algorithm?
The YouTube algorithm is a video serving system that adapts to viewers’ interests in real-time. Every minute there is a minimum of 500 hours of video uploaded on YouTube. This algorithm will help us to be able to find the right video from the many existing videos. Then an algorithm system was created to sort videos whose content is very suitable for the audience’s search.
How to Add Views According to the YouTube Algorithm
Algorithm systems are always changing so it requires trial-error in practice. To date, YouTube has not disclosed the details of its algorithmic system. There is only a big picture. They also advise video creators to create content that refers to viewers, not to algorithms.
But there are a few tips you can try to make the video content you create more friendly with the YouTube algorithm.
1.Use YouTube SEO
With YouTube SEO optimization, your video content is likely to be accessed by many people. Because YouTube is a content search engine like Google, you can optimize in various ways, for example by doing keyword research, writing the right tags, writing the right description, and so on.
2.Be consistent with one niche
Do you want branding on YouTube? Yes, you really can. One of the best ways you can try is to consistently upload according to your content niche. This is much more effective than having to upload any type of content. What’s more, if you use YouTube to promote your business, you should upload according to your niche more regularly.
What are the results?
- Your YouTube channel looks more credible
- Your channel can be a reference for certain topics
- Send a signal to YouTube that your channel is the perfect fit for a particular keyword
- Viewers are likely to browse your channel due to video-related topics
- Your YouTube content can be included in the Best of YouTube section so that content can get more viewers
3. Increase CTR and View Duration
You can check YouTube Analytics on the number of clicks and duration of views. Is the difference so drastic?
In the reach viewer section, there are some data as follows:
- Impressions – The number of your videos recommended on the homepage, video recommendation, and YouTube search engine
- Click-Through Rate (CTR) – The number of clicks to the total impressions
- Views from Impressions – The number of views that come from impressions
- Average View Duration – The average length of time your video is watched
- Watch Time from Impressions – Total minutes watched from your video
What should be considered carefully is the CTR and Average View Duration. If the CTR is high but the view duration is low then something is wrong. To increase the view duration, you must immediately fix the content, thumbnails, titles, and so on. Do not use clickbait.
4.Interact with Viewers
Your viewers are humans, not robots. Like humans, you have to communicate with viewers, for example by liking or replying to their comments.
You can also invite viewers to comment on the sidelines of your video or promote your video on other social media platforms.
The goal is in addition to maintaining good relations with subscribers, the new viewers will indirectly see the positive value of your interactions. The result is that engagement will increase.
Benefits of YouTube in Product Promotion
|No||Benefits of YouTube in Product Promotion|
|2||Many people use Youtube|
|3||Your video is watched by many people|
|4||The largest video search engine|
|5||Can demonstrate a product|
5. Using Attractive Thumbnails
Thumbnails are not just a video cover. Instead, it becomes a content captor, let alone visuals that are more prominent for YouTube users.
Several tips can be applied to thumbnails, including:
- Add text in thumbnails
- Make colors, concepts and add a logo to each thumbnail so that the branding is more authentic
- Post photos that show facial expressions
- If the content doesn’t have a host, then post photos of emotionally touching objects
- Use the rule of third by placing an interesting point in the first third or last third of the thumbnail
- Using the right format, the YouTube thumbnail is 1280 x 720 px with a 16: 0 ratio. The thumbnail used must be less than 2 MB
- Don’t use clickbait and don’t use other people’s thumbnails
6. Invites the Viewer to Watch to Finish
One way to improve your channel’s performance is to invite viewers to watch it until the end.
There are several techniques you can use, including:
- An impressive opening and to the point. Don’t let your viewer run away because the opening is not on point.
- Upload videos with the right duration. Customize with your YouTube Analytics. If possible, the duration should not be too long or too short.
- Insert videos, illustrations, voice over, back songs and so on so that the video is not boring, especially if the video format is storytelling / interview
- Write subtitles to attract the view of people who are deaf so they can watch without having to hear
7. Invite Viewers to Stay on Your Channel
If you regularly discuss a big topic on your channel, then you can easily invite viewers to watch your other videos. The trick is that you can add a card or link box at the end of the video. You can link each new video with other relevant videos.
Apart from that, you can also add a playlist with your videos so that when the viewer does the setting “auto play” your video will appear. Besides, using a call to action to invite viewers to your video is also very helpful. This applies to content that is related to other videos.
Is YouTube good for marketing?
-YouTube is an essential marketing tool for any company in any industry. For businesses, online video marketing presents a unique opportunity. Used efficiently, video marketing can help build trust and build a company with authority.
Is YouTube free for business?
-Yes, YouTube is free for all uses, even for businesses. The account has unlimited storage capacity. This means that you can upload as many hours of recordings as you want, anytime you want.